The weekend Society meetings normally held on two Saturdays of each month at the Columbia Library, starting shortly after 9:00 am, although dates may vary due to library schedule conflicts. They are intended to allow games that take more time than available in an afternoon or evening, games such as "Here I Stand" or one of the 18XX family of games. The players who participate on a regular basis rotate in proposing a game for each meeting, which they commit to bring and/or lead. The Library is currently open but with with social distancing restrictions, but meeting rooms for group events including our Saturday gaming are closed until further notice. These weekend games are currently being played at Charlie Ward's house until the Library meeting rooms re-open. Because they are not limited by meeting room availability they may be played on either Saturday or Sunday depending on interested players' availability.
The following games are planned for future meetings (if a link is provided, click on it to access the game rules):
- August 1, 2021: Ted's choice: "Escape from Colditz".
- August 7, 2021: Charlie's choice: (game TBD).
- July 25, 2021: Walt was the runaway winner of "Empires - Age of Discovery"; the other players were Charlie and Ted.
- July 18, 2021: Lynn was the winner of "1854" a stock market and rail game set in imperial Austria. The game was called just before the 5 trains came out.
- June 27, 2021: Charlie defeated Mark and Warren in "Puerto Rico", then Warren was the winner by a single point in "Splendor".
- June 20, 2021: Warren, playing the Ottomans, was the winner of "Here I Stand" by tie-break over Walt, playing the Papacy. The other players were Ted (Habsburgs), Lynn (England), Mark (France) and Charlie (Protestants). The game had to be called at the end of the first two turns of the tournament scenario.
- June 13, 2021: Warren was the runaway winner of "Snowdonia" over Ted, Mark and Charlie; he scored 66 points in contract cards alone.
- June 6, 2021: Ted, playing Germany, and Mark, playing Japan, were the winners of "Axis & Allies" over Warren, playing Russia, Charlie, playing England, and Walt, playing the USA. The victory was based on the greatest increase of IPC over the course of the game.
- May 30, 2021: Warren defeated Charlie, Ted and Mark in "Concordia".
- May 23, 2021: Warren, playing Maine, won "Rails of New England" by a comfortable margin over Charlie as Connecticut, Ted as Vermont and Mark as New Hampshire.
- May 16, 2021: Charlie was the winner of "Empire Builder"; the other players were Warren, Ted and Mark. The game was called on time before any player accumulated $250 million; Charlie's winning total was $108 million.
- April 27, 2021: Warren, playing the blue nations, was the winner of "Britannia". The other players were Walt as the red nations, Charlie as the green nations and Mark as the yellow nations.